Lady A will release a deluxe version of their 2012 holiday album, On This Winter's Night, on October 30.
The deluxe project will feature four brand new songs, expanding the album's track list from 12 to 16 songs. The new additions include a cover of Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmastime," The Beach Boys' "Little Saint Nick," and Ray Charles' "That Spirit of Christmas," which was featured in the movie National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. The fourth new song titled, "Christmas Through Your Eyes" is a track written by the trio's Hillary Scott, Charles Kelley and Dave Haywood, with their own family in mind.
"We wrote that [song] with just the three of us, which is really the way we started as a band, so that was a special moment," Haywood said of the original song. "[It was] something that could only happen at this point in time in our lives, in our career. So it was a special day to write that, have that on the record, and have that be something something stamped in history for, you know, our kids, really."
Kelley added, "When you see [your kids] and you see their excitement [about Christmas], you kind of can't help but think of you at that age, and what you were feeling."
"We’ve always loved the holiday season, but it has become even more magical now that we’re parents," Scott noted. "So, we thought we’d add on a new, original song that was inspired by our kids, and our take on a few of our favorites, which [have] brought us so much joy."
On This Winter's Night Deluxe is available to pre-order and pre-save now. More album details can be seen below.
Lady A, On This Winter’s Night Deluxe Edition Tracklist:
- “A Holly Jolly Christmas” (Johnny Marks)
- “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)” (Jeff Barry, Ellie Greenwich, Phil Spector)
- “All I Want For Christmas Is You” (Walter Afanasieff, Mariah Carey)
- “I’ll Be Home For Christmas” (Kim Gannon, Walter Kent, Buck Ram)
- “This Christmas” (Donny Hathaway, Nadine McKinnor)
- “The First Noel” (Traditional – Arranged by Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley and Hillary Scott)
- “On This Winter’s Night” (Tom Douglas, Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley and Hillary Scott
- “Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow” (Sammy Cahn, Jule Styne)
- “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas” (Ralph Blane, Hugh Martin)
- “Silent Night (Lord Of My Life)” (Traditional – Arranged by Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley and Hillary Scott)
- “Blue Christmas” (Bill Hayes, Jay Johnson)
- “Silver Bells” (Ray Evans, Jay Livingston)
- “Wonderful Christmastime” ** (Paul James McCartney)
- “Christmas Through Your Eyes” ** (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott)
- “Little Saint Nick” ** (Mike E. Love, Brian Douglas Wilson)
- “That Spirit Of Christmas” ** (Parnell Davidson, Mable John, Joel Webste)
Photo: Getty Images