Ladies, let's talk money. It's a topic not a lot of us tend to discuss. I think we should!
Rachel Rodgers stopped practicing law so she could launch her own business teaching women how to earn more money and build wealth. She named her women-run company Hello Seven, a nod to the seven figures she wants to help women make. The mom of four and author of “We Should All Be Millionaires” says finding ways to earn more money doesn’t have to be overwhelming and she recommends doing these seven things every day “to generate more money, time, energy, peace, power and joy.”
- Delegate one task on your to-do list to someone else- Clear something off your plate by delegating to a friend, family member, roommate or even an app like TaskRabbit. It could be anything big or small, from dog walking to dinner cooking.
- Move your body- Do it any way you want as long as it feels good to you. Rodgers says it’s all about boosting your serotonin and getting those feel-good hormones flowing.
- Connect with your squad- Spend time with the loved ones that inspire and uplift you, either in person or online. Just checking in with your besties via group text totally counts.
- Do one money-generating activity- Find a way to generate cash, either now or in the near future. Ideas include emailing a potential client, raising your prices, or asking people to pay you back.
- Think “million-dollar thoughts”- “Remind yourself that you are smart, resourceful and capable of generating money,” Rodgers says. “Reframe those limiting beliefs that keep you stuck. You’ve done challenging things in the past, and you can do this, too.”
- Look at your money- Review your bank statements to see what’s coming in and going out, look at your credit score and just give your money some love and attention.
- Set or enforce a boundary- Pick an area of your life where you’ve been settling and do something about it. Protect your time, energy and personal space with something as simple as putting your phone on silent while you focus on something that matters to you.