Because it's 2020... of course you wanna know what wine is gonna go well with your snickers minis... Here the list you didn't know you needed #Halloween2020
When the trick-or-treating is over and you are sitting there sifting through all the goodies (taking your 70% share) your kids racked up, it's important to know what to sip on. That's why Vivino’s Halloween candy came up with a list of the best wines to pair with all that sugar.
- Hershey’s and Syrah- Straight milk chocolate requires a "powerful" red wine. Syrah's black pepper and black fruit flavors will match the flavors of the Hershey's Halloween classic!
- Kit Kats and Pinot Noir- With milk chocolate and wafer combo, drinking a Pinot Noir from Sonoma Coast will add a little raspberry splash.
- Reese’s Pumpkins and Gamay- the wild cherry jam aroma that pairs perfectly with peanut butter and chocolate. Like a PB & J in a glass
- M&M’s and Port- The dark, sweet, black fig and dried fruit tastes of Port lends perfectly to the milk chocolate in M&M’s and that crunchy candy shell.
- Skittles and Sauvignon Blanc- (My favorite) The tropical fruit flavors of Skittles need a nice white wine to compliment, ideally a Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand.
- Snickers and Cabernet Sauvignon- When you've got the peanut, caramel and nougat flavors on the palate, you need a wine strong enough to keep it from being overpowered, and the tannin and fruit in a Cab Sav is perfection.